Welcome to That Way Equined, a blog showcasing fun and funky horseware and reviewing horse items. Honest and frank reviews are given of products, giving you the virtual chance to try before you buy.

Being a horse lover, having that gene, I love quirky, fun items that express my love for my four-hooved friends. However, what I don't like, is a lot of the commercial stuff that's out there. Stuff that's (if you'll pardon the pun) just plain tacky.

Some of the items showcased will be available to buy on a one-off basis, bought when discovered, others are simple things I've seen along the way and liked the look of. If they are of interest to you, get in touch and I can always tell you where they came from.

Saturday, September 15, 2012


A few weeks ago, I posted about Anorak's horse print bed linen (17 August) and how much I liked the quirky print. Joules have just launched their new Bed and Bath Collection and lo and behold, there's a horse print duvet set in there (much to be expected, it's a brand with equestrian beginnings).

First thoughts - it's different enough from the Anorak one to have me swithering between the two. I like the boldness of the stripes on the pillows and the separate horse cushions. The difference is in the detail of course - the Joules duvet cover is £35 more than Anorak's - at £100.

See what you think:
 
 
Obviously, the only way to really be able to tell the difference would be to try them out. I'm not sure about the ribbon reverse side on the Joules one. If the white cotton is anything like Laura Ashley's  it will be incredibly soft with an almost satin like feel .... BUT in a home where there's cats I've learned the cat hairs cling along with bits of fluff even after washing. And it is all very well saying keep the cats off the bed. They do like their comforts in this house.


No comments:

Post a Comment